The Capital Market Authority (CMA) regulates and supervises the capital market and insurance sectors and acts in accordance with its strategic objects to promote the sectors and maximize domestic and foreign investors’ confidence to ensure continued development of the institutions operating in the capital market and insurance sectors and diversifying their products, and engaging the largest number of participants to achieve the greatest added economic value to the Omani economy.
Our actions and measures lead to fair, high quality, growing and sustainable markets As a result of the work we do, we aim to have the following impacts on financial markets:
1. Investors understand, and have confidence and trust, in the regulation and functioning of the financial markets, and have confidence in financial advisors
2. Financial markets are efficient, fair, and clean.
3. Financial markets are resilient, attractive, growing, and offer a range of quality and beneficial products and services
4. Investors have access to understandable information they need to make informed decisions
5. Financial markets participants have clear and well-understood responsibilities, and act responsibly and properly towards all counter-parties
6. The costs and benefits of the regulatory regime are proportionate
7. Risks to the CML and CMA's objective are identified, and suitable responses implemented
8. Financial markets are growing faster than GDP
9. Financial markets are contributing economic value to the Sultanate
Thank you for your feedback