The Capital Market Authority (CMA) regulates and supervises the capital market and insurance sectors and acts in accordance with its strategic objects to promote the sectors and maximize domestic and foreign investors’ confidence to ensure continued development of the institutions operating in the capital market and insurance sectors and diversifying their products, and engaging the largest number of participants to achieve the greatest added economic value to the Omani economy.
The Capital Market Authority assumes the following duties and responsibilities:
· Supervising Muscat Stock Exchange
· Supervising Muscat Clearance and Depository Company.
- Supervising Center for governance & sustainability
· Licensing, supervision and regulation of :
- Public joint stock companies
- Companies operating in securities.
- Insurance companies and brokers
- Credit rating companies.
· Developing the capital market and insurance sectors through conducting studies and setting out laws and regulations in line with the best international practices.
· Enforcement of the laws under its jurisdiction
Thank you for your feedback